Quick and Easy Recipes
This page provides great quick and easy healthy recipes for all hunger cravings! Scroll below to see recipes for quick breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snack ideas. The recipes provided are nutrient dense and can be prepared at a low cost with ingredients from any local or chain grocery store.
Classic Overnight Oats
· 2 cup oats
· 2 cup almond milk
· 2 tsp vanilla
· 3 tbsp chia seeds
· 1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
2. Pour into storage container and put in fridge for 12 hours
Raw Granola or Rawnola
· 1 cup pitted dates
· 1 cup raw organic oats
· 1 cup dried coconut
· 1 tbsp. maple syrup
· Dark chocolate
1. Put all ingredients into blender or food processor, maple syrup last, and pulse until slightly blended together
*put dates on top so they don't stick to the bottom of kitchen equipment. Add maple syrup last to bring ingredients together. Refrigerate for up to a week!
*the amount of maple syrup affects the texture, use 1 tbsp for lose cereal and 2 tbsp to roll into balls
2. Roll into balls, or eat with your favorite nut milk and store in the fridge
Quick and easy hummus
· 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
· 1/2 cup tahini butter
· 1 clove garlic, crushed
· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup reserved bean juice
1. In a blender or food processor combine garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, cumin, salt and olive oil (optional).
2. Blend on low speed, gradually adding reserved bean liquid, until desired consistency is achieved.